Wednesday 6 April 2011

Classic and contemporary at Home Furniture

Versatile, clean lined and classic. That's my impression of North Bay Home Furniture's products. I was delighted to see a number of couches with the lighter, "condominium-size" appearance. This was also true for some of the dining sets on display. My favourite, though, was a classic wing chair. With an array of inspiring fabric options, you can turn this piece into a show-stopping statement chair. Crisp accessories, a custom order program and many Canada-made pieces, add to the reasons why this showroom on Highway 17 is worth a visit.
Canadian-made Brentwood wing chair. It's yours for $699 in your choice of fabric. Can you imagine this chair in my fabric picks below?


Neutral upholstery is preferable for couches, but when it comes to accent chairs, I'm all for being bold. These two fabrics would turn the wing chair into an exclamation mark in the room, calling out: "Hi, here I am!" The Asian-inspired fabric is also available in a beautiful, bright blue. Some of my other fabric favourites for the wing chair are shown below. 





Sectional with a wide corduroy upholstery, $2,999. The ottoman and accent chair (below) combine nicely with the couch.

Round tables are conducive to conversations and social interaction. More so than their rectangular and square counterparts. This dining set at Home Furniture has a nice pedestal table. Tables with a pedestal base are convenient since there are no legs to bump into. $599 for the 5-piece set.
This cozy-looking sheet set is 100% cotton and costs $399.
Funky, white vases. $47.99 for the bigger vase.
Sculptural glass vases, from $39.99.
Green leaf on crisp white, $12.99 and $19.99 respectively.
Turquoise table lamp. $219.

5 comments:

  1. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that couch and the lamp on the last photo. Perfect for my mckinley hill condo for rent. Thanks for sharing those photos. :)

    aileen collins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I buy/order the red Asian inspired upholstery?? I want to put it on an accent wall in my house. I've been looking for it everywhere... can you help????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous. I'll send an email to our local Home Furniture store to see if they can provide more info. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The local store doesn't have further info on this fabric, unfortunately. I seem to recall that it's from Kravet...Here's another Asian-inspired fabric that I "ran into" recently: "China Seas Lyford Pagoda" through Quadrille.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.